top of page
  • CCD News

Are You Registered to Vote?

Dear CityHawks,

Every student attending a Colorado college, university, or other institution of higher education has the right to register and vote in Colorado if they are eligible. Registering to vote is quick, easy, and ensures that your voice is heard. 

You are eligible to register to vote in Colorado if you are: 

  1. A U.S. citizen; 

  2. Colorado resident for 22 days immediately before the election in which you intend to vote;  

  3. Not currently serving a term of imprisonment for a felony conviction; and  

  4. At least 18 years old (if you are 16 or 17 years old you can pre-register to vote).  

To learn more about Colorado residency, please visit the Secretary of State’s website at: For information about registering or updating your registration in a state other than Colorado, visit For voter registration, you may not have more than one residence. 


Register to Vote? 

If you are not registered to vote in Colorado and meet the eligibility requirements, you can register today. You must update your voter registration each time you move. The easiest way to register is by visiting It only takes a few minutes to get registered with your Colorado driver’s license or your social security number. In Colorado, you can register to vote and vote leading up to and on election day, at a Voter Service and Polling Center. Once registered to vote, if you will be 18 years of age or older on election day, you will receive a ballot in the mail to the address provided in your voter registration. 


Already Registered?  

Once registered to vote, you will receive a ballot in the mail three weeks before the next election. Your ballot will be sent to the address you provided when you registered to vote. If you have changed your residency since you registered, you should update your voter registration at You can vote by mail, drop your ballot in a secure 24-hour ballot drop box, or vote in-person during early voting or on election day. 



Find answers to all of your voter questions at You can also call the Secretary of State’s office at 303-894-2200 or email

14 views0 comments


bottom of page